What is drive-in racking?
Drive-in racks are large shelving systems. Drive-in racks have a shared entry and exit and forklifts are used to load the products. That means that forklifts must come in, pick up the product, and after that to back out of the rack. Drive-in systems are used throughout Cyprus.
How drive-in racking can really help?
Drive-in racks are used daily by big companies. They can help you store and organize your products. Generally, the drive-in racking can help you increase storage efficiency, storing pallets more densely. The forklifts are entering the racking from one side to load and retrieve the goods which are stored deep inside.
Drive in racking is used when companies are using first in first out (FIFO) or last in first out LIFO) methods.
Types of drive in racking
There are two types of drive-in racking:
- Single entry racking
- Double entry racking
Single entry racking
Using the single-entry racking, forklifts can access and load the goods only from one side. The forklifts are forced to take a lot of pallets out of the shelving in order to access something that is at the end of the shelves.
Double entry racking
Using the double entry racking, forklifts can access and load the goods from two sides. The forklifts can access the pallets from both sides and easily pull out the pallet you need. To do that, you have to consider your free area and how to place the racking system so that it is accessible from both sides.
When should you use Drive-in racking?
You can use the drive-in racking for a lot of different reasons in Cyprus. Here are some examples:
- If your products are fragile and you can’t store them in block stacks.
- If you have a lot of pallets and there is no space.
- If you don’t have enough space and you need to store the pallets more densely.
- If you want to use the first in first out (FIFO) method.
- If you want to use the last in first out (LIFO) method.
Pros of using Drive-in racking
Companies can benefit from using the drive-in racking. Here are some of the benefits:
- Effective solution for using LIFO and FIFO methods.
- Create a more efficient use of the warehouse space. Unlike the selective type racking, you have more space to use and store goods.
Want to know more about drive-in racking? You can contact us now and remember that we can deliver your shelves all over Cyprus.